Department of Mathematics
Indian Institute of Science
Bangalore 560012, India
ResearchMost of my research has been in low-dimensional topology and related areas such as geometric group theory and Riemannian geometry. More recently, the main focus of my work has been automated theorem proving. A snapshot of this activity is in the repository
- I have created an online mini-course on Hyperbolic geometry and Geometric group theory using google's course builder.
- Screencast on Stalling's topological proof of Grushko's theorem and its part two and part three .
- Screencast on Topological rigidity and the Goldman bracket.
- Screencast on Virtual Classification of three-dimensional manifolds.
For a general scientific audience.
- Playing dice with primes., ramblings inspired by Yitang Zhang's work.
- Automating Mathematics?, a piece for a supplement in the Hindu newspaper.
- Ricci flow and the Poincare conjecture : joint with Harish Seshadri.
- Dynamics on the circle : article in Resonance.
- Symmetries of spheres : PDF slides for a lecture to the Indian Academy of Sciences (not designed to be self-contained).
- Chern and total curvature , article in Resonance.